Strawberry Delight Recipe
A while ago, me and my friend, we had this serious obsession of skipping our lunch and eating fruits. Now, only eating fruits didn’t satiate our terrible hunger at mid-day, so we decided to whip something of our own and make it not only healthy but delicious and good looking too. Here’s what we did.
Handful of strawberries.
Handful of nuts.
A bowl of fresh home-made curd.
Two spoonful of honey.
- Cut the strawberries into halves
- Heat a pan and dry roast the nuts.
- Add honey to the nuts and let them caramelize.
- Let them cool a bit and then crush them.
- Whisk all of it together in a bowl.
- Cool it and eat.
Once you take it out from the fridge and indulge in it, you feel a burst of flavours in your mouth, all very pleasant. I definitely like it better than a boring smoothie. This turned out to be one of our favourite snack/dessert. We still eat it guilt free and even my mother loves it. It turns out, that it does have a lot of health benefits: Check it out for yourself:
- Strawberries are packed with antioxidants and helps prevent wrinkles.
- Curd improves digestion, boosts immunity and a substitute for lactose intolerant people.
- Nuts are good for heart health, reduces cholesterol, contains good fats and aids in weight loss.
Are you impressed yet?
If you are working out and you need a healthy snack, go whip a Strawberry Delight! It will provide you instant energy with necessary nutrients to recover well after a workout.